Rice Pork Sausage with Liver
Rice pork sausage with liver is not just a sausage, but a well balanced health food, especially suitable for the growing members of the family and for institutional use. The meat provides an abundance of material for bone, muscle and fuel. The liver supplies the vitamins for the body functions. Rice is a rich source of carbohydrates and provides energy.
|pork trimmings||850 g||1.87 lb.|
|pork liver||150 g||0.33 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|rice||50 g||0.11 lb.|
|onion||30 g||½ onion.|
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|marjoram||1.0 g||⅔ tsp.|
|cold water||100 ml||⅜ cup|
- Cook rice until tender but not mushy. Drain and cool.
- Scald the livers and grind them twice through 1/8" (3 mm) grinder plate. You may emulsify them in a food processor.
- Grind meat and onion through 3/16” plate (5 mm).
- Mix ground meat, liver, onions and spices adding water. Add rice and remix until rice is well distributed.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings.
- Poach at 80º C (176º F) until internal meat temperature reaches 160º F (72º C). This process will take about 30 minutes. Sausage is fully cooked and ready to eat.
- Keep in a refrigerator.
The sausage can be cooked by poaching it in water, frying in a skillet or grilling.