Potato Sausage with non fat dry milk is very similar to Swedish Potato Sausage. It is much easier to make as instead of boiling potatoes it calls for the addition of potato flour. Non fat dry milk effectively binds water and greatly improves the taste of low fat sausages. Adding potato flour, non fat dry milk, onions and water increases the yield by 40% making it not only great tasting but also a great value added product.
|pork||700 g||1.54 lb.|
|beef||300 g||0.56 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|white pepper||6.0 g||3 tsp.|
|marjoram||1.5 g||1 tsp.|
|ginger, ground||1.8 g||1 tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|cardamom||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|cloves, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|allspice, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|½ onion, chopped||30 g||2 Tbsp|
|potatoe flour||80 g||1 cup|
|non fat dry milk||80 g||1 cup|
|cold water||200 ml||¾ cup|
- Grind pork and onions through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Grind beef through 3/16” (5 mm) plate.
- Add salt, spices, 1/2 of the water and start mixing with meat sprinkling potato flour and non fat dry milk powder. You could mix all ingredients with half of the water in a blender and then pour over the meat.
- Add remaining water and keep on mixing until absorbed.
- Stuff into large hog casings 36-40 mm or beef rounds.
- Keep under refrigeration.
- Cook before serving.