All Beef Sausage
|Beef class I without connective tissue||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef class I with connective tissue||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Beef class IV (bloody parts allowed)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Beef class V (sinews, gristle, tendons)||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Paprika||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Curing solid beef chunks. Cut beef class I without connective tissue into 20 mm (3/4”) cubes. Mix with half salt (10 g) and half of Cure #1 (1.25 g). Pack tightly in a container, cover with cloth and hold in refrigerator for 3 days.
- Grind beef class IV through 8 mm plate. Grind beef class I with connective tissue through 2-3 mm plate. Grind beef class V through 2-3 mm plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef class I with connective tissue and beef class V with 20% cold water (40 ml, 1.35 oz fl). Add spices during this step.
- Mix (knead) beef class I cubes until sticky. Add ground beef class IV and emulsified meat and mix all together.
- Stuff firmly into 55-65 mm synthetic fibrous casings making 40-45 cm (16-18”) links. Make hanging loop.
- Hang for 12 hours in refrigerator or 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 100 min until casings become brown with red tint. Increase temperature to 75-90° C (167-194° F) and bake sausages for 30-40 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature. A very thin smoke is allowed during baking.
- Cool in air.
- Keep refrigerated.