Onions agree so well with liver that almost every liver sausage recipe includes them. Each time liver is served on a plate, fried onions are included as well.
|Lean pork||300 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||200 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork back fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Onions||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Meat stock||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Cook pork meat (except liver) in water at 95° C (195° F) until done. Cook belly and back fat for 10 minutes only. Drain and cool. Save meat stock.
- Grind meat and fat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind liver through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Emulsify liver in a food processor adding spices and 30 ml of meat stock.
- Mix ground meat, fat and emulsified paste together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes. Immerse for 10 minutes in cold water. Drain, dry briefly and refrigerate.