Liver Sausage with Cream (Sahneleberwurst)
Liver Sausage with cream (Sahneleberwurst) is a German liver sausage.
|Pork liver||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork belly, jowls, back fat||600 g||1.32 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Onion, chopped||40 g||1/2 onion|
|Cream||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Cook pork fats (except liver) in water at 80° C (176° F) until semi-soft. Drain and cool. Grind through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Slice the liver into discs and scald for 5 minutes with cold water. Drain and cool. Grind through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Fry chopped onion in lard until light yellow, but not brown.
- Mix fat, liver, cream and all ingredients together.
- Stuff into 40 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes. Immerse for 10 minutes in cold water. Drain, dry briefly and refrigerate.