Goose Liver Sausage
Goose liver sausage.
|Pork liver||400 g||0.88 lb|
|White goose liver||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Veal meat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Fat: belly, jowls, fat trimmings, intestine fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Soak goose liver in cold water.
- Cut pork liver into slices, remove the blood veins, any glands and sinews. Scald with hot water until the livers are clean.
- Cook meats and fat in hot water (below the boiling point) for 30 minutes. Drain and cool. Save meat stock.
- Grind meats and fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Emulsify goose and pork liver in a food processor. Add ground meat and fat, spices and 90 ml (3 oz fl) of meat stock. Emulsify all together until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Stuff into hog casings or beef rounds making links 12” (30 cm) long.
- Cook in meat stock at 75° C (167° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dry in air and refrigerate OR
- Smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 6 hours. Cool in air and refrigerate.
1/3 of pork liver can be replaced with veal liver.