|beef (chuck)||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|pork butt||400 g||0.88 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|dextrose (glucose)||2.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|sugar||2.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|white pepper, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|white pepper, cracked||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork through 3/16” plate (5 mm). Grind beef with 1/8” plate.
- Mix all ingredients with meat.
- Stuff firmly into 60 mm beef middles or protein lined fibrous casings. Make 16” long links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Cold smoke below 20º C (68º C) with thin smoke for 24 hours. (Smoke can already be applied in the second half of the fermentation stage).
- Dry at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% humidity, for 2-3 months. The sausage is dried until around 30-35% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F), <75% humidity.
Available from Amazon in paperback and eBook format