Greek sausage made from lamb, pork fat and cheese.
|lamb||700 g||1.54 lb.|
|pork back fat, jowl, fatty pork trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|goat or sheep cheese||60 g||0.13 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||15 g||2½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|cayenne pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|thyme, dry leaf||2.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|mint, dry leaf||2.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|cornstarch||10 g||1 Tbsp.|
|red wine||100 ml||⅜ cup|
- Grind meat and fat through 3/8” plate (8 mm).
- Cut cheese into little cubes.
- Mix cheese with all spices. Mix salt with wine and then pour over meat. Add cheese and spices and mix. Add cornstarch and mix everything together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings forming 4” (10 cm) links.
- Keep in a refrigerator or freeze for later use.
- Cook before use.