Epping sausage is an English sausage made with pork, beef and bread.
|Lean beef||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Bread, soaked||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Sage, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cayenne||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Soak bread in water, then press dry.
- Grind pork fat with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix beef with salt until sticky. Add soaked bread, spices and fat and re-mix.
- Stuff into sheep casings and form links.
- Bake, grill or fry before serving.