Chipolata with Rice
Chipolata with Rice is a small mild English sausage made with pork, rusk and rice.
|Lean pork||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Fat pork||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Rice, boiled||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Rusk||40 g||1.31 oz|
|Water||60 g||2 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/4 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
- Soak rusk in water.
- Grind lean meat and fat with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix with seasonings and boiled rice.
- Grind the mixture through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Stuff into sheep casings forming 3” (10 cm) links.
- Grill or fry before serving.
Red coloring was often added to soaked rusk or to rice.