A German smoked pork sausage.
|Pork (shoulder)||1000 g||2.20 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.25 g||1/8 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Grind pork through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix pork with salt, cure and spices.
- Stuff loosely into hog casings.
- Hang stuffed sausage for 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Apply smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 1 hour.
- Cool, then refrigerate.
- Fry or grill before serving.