Squid sausage is a very original sausage very popular in Korea.
|Whole squid, 8 inch long body||2 squids|
|Tofu||170 g||6 oz|
|Glass vermicelli noodles||60 g||2 oz|
|Bean sprouts||60 g||2 oz|
|Green onion, chopped||15 g||1 Tbsp|
|Carrot, chopped||15 g||1 Tbsp|
|Soy sauce||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- Clean the squids. Discard head/eyes/stomach but keep the tentacles. Rinse the tube well, inside and out, with cold water, then drain. Put 1 teaspoon of flour inside squid body and shake well to coat the inside. Shake any loose flour out of the body tubes. Set aside.
- Soak noodles in water for 30 minutes. Cook noodles in a boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain. Place noodles in a bowl and cut finely with scissors. Boil bean sprouts for 1 minute. Remove, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Chop tentacles into small pieces then mix into the seasoning paste. Seasoning Paste: Garlic, minced 7.0 g (2 cloves); Scallion, chopped 15 g (1 Tbsp); Red chili pepper 1; Green chili pepper 1; Sesame seeds, roasted 2 tsp; Sesame oil 5 ml (1 tsp); Salt 6.0 g (1 tsp); Black pepper 1.0 g (1/2 tsp). Finely mince the garlic, chopped scallions and peppers. Mix the ingredients together and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Mash tofu and squeeze the water out. Place tofu in cheese cloth and squeeze out the remaining water.
- Place in a bowl: seasoning paste with tentacles, been sprouts, tofu, egg, soy sauce, chopped green onion and carrots and mix all together.
- Stuff squid and seal the open end with a toothpick or cooking thread.
- Place in steamer basket and steam for 30 minutes. Remove from steamer and cool. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Serve warm or at room temp with dipping sauce OR carefully insert each disc into a beaten egg and fry on pan on both sides in a little oil or butter on low heat until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce. Dipping Sauce: Soy sauce 15 ml (1 Tbsp); Rice whine or rice vinegar 15 ml (1 Tbsp); Sugar 3.0 g (1/2 tsp); Sesame seeds, roasted 1 tsp.
Instead of squid tentacles about 1 ounce (30 g) of ground pork may be used instead.