Butifarra blanca translates in Spanish into a “white sausage.” There are version with rice, in many cases whole eggs are included. Many countries have similar sausages, for example Boudin Blanc in France or White Pudding in England.
|Pork lean, butt||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Dewlap, jowls||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork belly||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Grind meats through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool the sausages in cold water.
- Drain and place on a table to evaporate the moisture.