Linguiça is a smoked pork sausage very popular in Portuguese-speaking countries.
|Pork shoulder||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||6.0 g||1 Tbsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Minced garlic||10.0 g||1 Tbsp|
|Red wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Cayenne||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Cut the meat into 1/2” (12 mm) pieces. Mix with salt and cure #1, cover and cure overnight.
- Grind the meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with wine and all ingredients.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings forming 10” (25 cm) long links.
- Smoke for 60 minutes at 60° C (140° F). Increase the temperature to 85° C (185° F) and bake until the sausage reaches 72° C (160° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in air and refrigerate.