Torunska (Kiełbasa toruńska parzona podsuszana)
Polish semi-dry pork smoked sausage from Torun, the birth city of Nicolaus Copernicus.
|Pork, semi-fat||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Pork, rich in connective tissue||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind semi-fat pork with 1/4” (6-8 mm) plate.
- Grind pork with connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify pork with connective tissue adding 20-25% (40 ml, 1.41 oz fl) cold water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix semi-fat pork adding salt until sticky. Add emulsified meat and mix all together.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings. Form 25-30 cm (12-14”) links leaving them in a continuous coil. Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool for 15 minutes in cold water.
- Hang for 15 min in a warm smokehouse, then apply cold smoke for 12 hours.