Servolatka (Serwolatka pieczona)
Polish beef and pork smoked sausage.
|Beef, lean (little connective tissue)||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Beef, lean (rich in connective tissue)||320 g||0.70 lb|
|Beef trimmings, all type||80 g||0.18 lb|
|Pork belly, skinless||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Paprika||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Grind: beef (little connective tissue) - 1/4” (5 mm) plate; beef (rich in connective tissue) and beef trimmings - 1/8” (3 mm) plate; pork belly - 1/4” (5 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify ground beef (rich in connective tissue and ground beef trimmings) adding 10% (40 ml, 1.35 oz fl) cold water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix lean beef with ground belly and salt until sticky. Add emulsified meats and mix all together.
- Stuff firmly into 65 mm synthetic fibrous. Make 25 cm (10”) long links. Hanging loop at one end. Hold for 60 min at room temperature.
- Smoke: dry - 20-30 min, thin smoke at 45-55° C (113-131° F); smoke - 80 min, thick smoke at 45-55° C (113-131° F); bake - 40-60 min, thin smoke at 75-90° C (167-194° F).
- Total time about 150 minutes until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature and dark brown color with red tint.
- Cool in air. Keep refrigerated.