Ring Sausage (Kiełbasa wiankowa)
Polish pork and beef smoked sausage.
|Pork, lean||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Beef, lean (no connective tissue)||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Beef, semi-fat (with connective tissue)||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Marjoram||0. 5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Cut lean pork into 3/4” (20 mm) cubes.
- Grind: semi-fat pork with 3/8” (10 mm) plate; lean beef with 3/8” (10 mm) plate; semi-fat beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify semi-fat beef adding 15-20% (30 ml, 1 oz fl) of cold water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Add salt and mix/knead lean pork cubes, ground semi-fat pork and ground lean beef until sticky. Add emulsified beef and mix again.
- Stuff into 32 mm hog casings. Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-60° C (113-140° F) for 110-130 minutes until casings become brown with red tint.
- Cook in water at 80-85° C (176-185° F) for 25-35 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Dry in air for 12 hours at 18° C (64° F) or lower.
- Apply cold smoke (18° C, 64° F) for 48 hours, then warm smoke 24-32° C (75-90° F) for 24 hours.
- Cool in air to 12° C (53° F) or lower.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F) or in refrigerator.