Popular Sausage (Kiełbasa popularna)
Polish pork and beef smoked sausage.
|Pork, semi-fat||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork rich in connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Beef, semi-fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind semi-fat pork with 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind pork with connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify pork with connective tissue and beef adding 20-25% (90 ml, 3 oz fl) of cold water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix/knead semi-fat pork with salt until sticky. Add emulsified meats and mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into beef rounds or 36-40 mm hog casings. Make rings and tie the ends together.
- Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 110-130 minutes.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 35 min.
- Cool in cold water to 18° C (64° F). Dry briefly.
- Smoke with cold smoke 22° C (71° F) for 12 hours OR
- with warm smoke 24-32° C (75-90° F) for 6 hours.
- Cool in air to 8-10° C (46-50° F).
- Refrigerate or store at 12° C (53° F).