Knyszynska (Kiełbasa knyszyńska)
Polish smoked and baked sausage.
|Pork, lean||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef, lean, no connective tissue||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Beef with connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||1 tsp|
|Juniper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
|Water||20 ml||3/4 oz fl|
- Grind: lean pork - 1/2” (12 mm) plate; semi-fat pork - 3/8” (8 mm) plate; beef - 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify ground beef adding 30 ml (1 oz fl) of crushed ice or cold water. Add cure #1 and spices at this stage.
- Mix ground pork adding salt until sticky. Add emulsified mixture and mix all together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings. Form 18-20 cm (7-8”) links leaving them in a continuous coil.
- Hang for 12 hours at 2-6° C (35-43° F) OR for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Apply smoke at 50-60° C (122-140° F) for 60 minutes. Increase the temperature and bake the sausages at 85° C (176° F) for 45 minutes until the meat reaches 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature and casings develop light brown color.
- Total time about 100-110 minutes. Cool in air to 10° C (50° F) and divide into pairs. Keep refrigerated