Debowiecka (Kiełbasa dębowiecka)
Polish semi-dry smoked sausage.
|Pork, lean||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork, some fat (butt quality)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork trimmings with connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||21 g||3-1/2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Garlic||2.5 g||1 clove|
- Cut lean pork into 1-2” (25-50 mm) pieces.
- Grind semi-fat pork with 1/2” (12 mm) plate.
- Grind pork trimmings with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- In food processor emulsify pork trimmings adding 20-25% (20 ml, 0.7 oz fl) of cold water. Add cure # 1, sugar and spices during this step.
- Mix lean and semi-fat pork with salt until sticky. Add emulsified meat and mix all together.
- Stuff firmly into beef middles or 65 mm synthetic fibrous casings. Make links 40-45 cm (16-18”) long, hanging loop at one end.
- Hang for 120 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 110-130 minutes.
- Bake in smokehouse at 80-90° C (176-194° F) for 40-60 min (thin smoke allowed) until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in air to 12° C (53° F).
- Smoke with cold smoke - 22° C (71° F) for 12 hours OR with warm smoke - 24-32° C (75-90° F) for 6 hours.
- Dry at 12-18° C (53-64° F) for 2 days.
- Cool in air to 8-12° C (46-53° F).