Belzka (Kiełbasa bełzka parzona podsuszana)
Polish all beef semi-dry smoked sausage.
|Beef, lean||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Beef with connective tissue||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Beef trimmings, all grades||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Garlic||2.5 g||1 clove|
- Grind: lean beef with 1/4” (5 mm) plate; beef with connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate; beef trimmings with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Add 5% (1 Tbsp) of cold water to beef with connective tissue and mix (knead) until sticky. Add other meats, salt, cure #1, spices and mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into beef middles or 60 mm synthetic fibrous casings. Form 25-30 cm (12-14”) links. Make a hanging loop. Hang for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 110-130 min until casings develop brown color with red tint.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool for 15 minutes in cold water.
- Hang for 15 min in a warm smokehouse, then apply cold smoke (64° F, 18° C) for 12 hours.