A hard smoked Danish sausage.
|Beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Veal||250 g||0.33 lb|
|Pork||250 g||0.33 lb|
|Pork back fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.7 g||1/3 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Water||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind back fat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind veal through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix/knead ground beef, veal and pork with salt and cure #1 until sticky. Dissolve spices in water and add to the mixture. Finally, add ground fat and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings, making 6” (15 cm) links.
- Hold for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Smoke with beech or oak at 60° C (140° F) for 1-2 hours.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool in cold water, briefly dry and refrigerate.