Kartoffelwurst With Raw Potatoes
Meat dishes are often served with potatoes, so it should not be surprising that stuffing made with ground meat and potatoes will create a great potato sausage. Potato sausages are popular in Sweden, Germany, Poland, Spain and other countries.
|Pork belly||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Potatoes||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Onions, fried||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||0.5 g||½ tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||½ tsp|
- Chop the onions and fry in oil or butter until glassy and golden.
- Peel off the skin from raw potatoes, cut them into thin slices and place them for 60 minutes in water. Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Cut pork belly into small pieces or grind pork belly through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix ground pork with potatoes, onions and spices.
- Stuff into 55-60 mm beef middles or synthetic casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C/176° F for 60 minutes.
- Cool in water for 10 minutes.
- Spread on the table and cool until the moisture evaporates.
- Store in refrigerator.
Serve by frying or heating in water. Remember that once the skin is removed the raw potato will darken, so they must be immersed in water.