An Australian sausage made from kangaroo meat.
|Kangaroo meat||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Vegetable oil||50 ml||1.66 oz fl|
|Tomato sauce||60 ml||2 oz fl|
|Water||90 ml||3 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cayenne||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Basil, rubbed||4.0 g||1 Tbsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Soy protein isolate (SPI)||10 g||2 tsp|
|Flour||30 g||1 oz|
- Grind meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Using blender/food processor emulsify SPI with water for 60 seconds. Add oil and emulsify one more minute. Add spices and flour and blend all together.
- Using a mixing bowl mix ground meat with the emulsified paste.
- Stuff into 36 mm casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Drain, cool and refrigerate.
Kangaroo meat is 98% fat free so in order to create a quality sausage pork fat or vegetable oil should be added.