A basic fish sausage. Fillets of any fish are suitable, however, the sausage will be of better quality when pork fat is included.
|Fish fillet||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Pork belly, back fat or fat trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Potato flour||10 g||2 tsp|
|Lemon peel, grated||1/2 lemon|
- Grind fish and pork through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 32 mm hog casings.
- Hold for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 10 minutes, dry briefly and refrigerate.