Boudin Blanc de Rethel
The French boudin blanc de Rethel is a specialty from the town of Rethel in the Champagne Ardenne region. Boudin Blanc de Rethel carries PGI, 2002 classification.
|Lean pork: shoulder, loin, rear leg||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork back fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Shallots||60 g||2 oz|
|Milk||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind pork and shallots through 1/8 (3 mm) plate.
- Grind partially frozen fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with spices and eggs. Add fat and mix again. Por milk and mix all again. You can accomplish mixing in a food processor.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in hot water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes. Cool sausages by immersing them in cold water.
Wild mushrooms, truffles and foie gras are often added.