Boudin Blanc de Paris
|Pork back fat, fat trimmings, pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Chicken breast||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Full milk||250 ml||1 cup|
|Onions||100 g||3-1/2 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper, white||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||0.3 g||1 berry|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Butter||28 g||1 oz|
- Finely chop onions and briefly fry in butter until glassy and without color. Cool.
- Grind chicken with onions through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Place in a freezer for 30 minutes then grind again.
- Mix ground meat and fat with salt and all spices. Stir in the milk and beaten egg whites until the sausage paste is quite soft, almost runny.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings making 6” (15 cm) long links.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool in cold water, dry and refrigerate.
- To serve, fry in butter or barbecue.