Chicken sausage is made from all chicken meat and then it is smoked and poached.
|chicken breast||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|chicken legs||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|chicken fat and skins||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|cold water||100 g||⅜ cup|
- Grind meats 3/16” plate (5 mm). Grind skins and fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Refreeze skins and fat and grind again. You can emulsify them in food processor adding little cold water.
- Mix ground meats and fat with all ingredients adding cold water.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings. Leave in a continuous coil.
- Hang on smokesticks for one hour.
- When sausages feel dry apply hot smoke 60-70º C (140-158º F) for about 120 minutes until brown color develops.
- Poach at 75º C (167º F) until internal meat temperature reaches 160º F (72º C). This process will take about 80 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Keep in a refrigerator.