Bockwurst (Munchner Weisswurst) is a German white sausage made of pork and veal. White pepper, parsley, nutmeg (or mace) and lemon flavor are typical ingredients.
|pork||500 g||1.10 lbs.|
|veal||300 g||0.66 lbs.|
|back fat||200 g||0.44 lbs.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||1 Tbs.|
|white pepper||3.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|ginger, ground||0.5 g||⅓ tsp.|
|fresh parsley, chopped||10.0 g||1 bunch|
|onion powder||6.0 g||2 ½ tsp.|
|grated lemon peel||¼ lemon||¼ lemon|
|whole milk||90 ml||3 oz, fluid|
- Grind meat through 3/16” plate (3 mm).
- Beat eggs in a food processor.
- Add to the processor ground meats, milk and all ingredients and emulsify.
- Stuff into 28-32 mm hog casings forming 4” (10 cm) links.
- Keep in a refrigerator or freeze for later.
- Poach in water for 25 min at 72º C (160º F). Keep refrigerated or freeze for later use.
Eggs are used to bind everything together.
Instead of whole milk you may use 40 g (1.4 oz) of non fat dry milk.
Non fat dry milk has good binding properties.
One piece of chopped scallions or chives may be added.
Grate the outside of the lemon only, not the inner white skin.