Träipen is a blood sausage from Luxemburg.
|Pork trimmings of any kind, head and offal meat, skins||400 g||0.66 lb|
|Back fat or fat trimmings, vessel fat (from boiling meats) included||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pig blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Caraway or cumin, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Green cabbage, cooked||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Onions, chopped||40 g||1/2 onion|
- Cook all meats in water (below the boiling point) until soft. Spread on the table and cool.
- Grind the skins through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind other meats and fat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Boil the cabbage, drain and cool. Grind with onions through 1/8” (6 mm) plate.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings forming rings 12” (30 cm) long.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Place in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Dry briefly and refrigerate.