Morcilla de Cordoba
Spanish blood sausage from the South of Spain.
|Pork meat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Back fat||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Blood||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sweet pimentón (smoked Spanish paprika)||6.0 g||2 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||1.0 g||1 tsp|
- Grind meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Dice the back fat into 3/8” (10 mm) cubes. Except fat, combine blood with all other ingredients and mix for 3 minutes. Add diced fat and mix for one more minute.
- Laddle the mixture loosely through a funnel into 36 mm hog casings. Tie into 12” (30 cm) rings.
- Place the sausages into a large pot with hot water. Cook at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool the sausages in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water and place on the table so the moisture can evaporate.