Polish Blood Sausage (Kiszka krwista)
Polish blood sausage with bread crumbs or semolina.
|Jowls, dewlaps||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork, beef or lamb liver||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Lungs, boiled bone meat, meat trimmings, pork skins*||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Blood||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Bread crumbs, dry rolls or semolina flour||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Cook meats (except liver) in a small amount of water: dewlap/jowls at 80-85° C (176-185° F) until semi-soft; lungs at 85° C (185° F); skins, heads at 95° C (203° F) until soft.
- After cooking remove gristle from lungs and meat from heads. Spread meats apart on a flat surface to cool.
- Cut dewlap/jowls into 4-5” (10-12 mm) cubes. Grind all other meats through 1/8” (3 mm plate. Soak rolls or bread crumbs in left over stock, using 75% of stock in relation to bread crumbs.
- If semolina is used, emulsify it in a food processor with 75% of meat stock (in relation to semolina).
- Add salt and spices to ground meats and bread crumbs (or semolina flour), add blood and mix everything well together.
- Stuff loosely into pork middles or beef rounds. Pork middles or beef rounds, 16” (40 cm) each. The ends tied with twine. Hanging loop 4-5” (10-12 cm) on one end.
- Immerse sausages in boiling water and cook at 80-85° C (176-185° F) for about 45 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Place the sausages in cold water for 15 minutes and then spread them on a flat surface to cool.
* no more than 10% pork skins