Beutelwurst is a German blood sausage. Beutel means bag in German.
|Back fat or pork fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Rye meal*||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork blood||350 ml||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0,5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onions||30 g||1 oz|
- Dice fat into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes. Scald with hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Slightly warm up the blood and mix with rye meal. Add fat cubes and spices and mix together.
- Stuff loosely into 36 mm hog casings or a linen bag.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Place in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Dry briefly and refrigerate.
* Rye meal is a course whole grain rye flour made from whole rye that has been coarsely ground.