Chinese Blood Sausage with Rice
Chinese blood sausage made with rice, blood, spices and flour.
|White rice||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Potato starch||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Potato flour||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Pork blood||300 ml||10 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||10 g||2 tsp|
|Soy sauce||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Sugar||30 g||2 Tbsp|
|Sweet rice wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger, powdered||0.3 g||1/5 tsp|
|Cloves, powdered||0.3 g||1/5 tsp|
- Precook rice, bur don’t overcook.
- Mix blood with soy sauce, wine and spices.
- Add flour, starch, rice and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Cool in air.
The sausage is ready to eat and can be consumed cold or hot. Steam or pan fry. Serve with bacon, eggs and potatoes. This is a simple recipe which can be easily modified-you can add precooked meat, skins, liver, onions or a different combination of spices.