Boudin Noir de Lyon
Boudin Noir de Lyon is a French blood sausage
|Back fat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Onions||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Blood||700 g||1.54 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1.2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Parsley, cut up||2 Tbsp||2|
|Scallions, cut up||2 stalks||2|
|Cognac||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Finely chop onions and fry them in butter until glassy and without color. Add chopped shallots, parsley, scallions and all ingredients. Mix and let cool. Add blood and remix. Place in a large bowl with a spout.
- Cut back fat into long strips about 1/2” (12 mm) square.
- Slip 56 mm hog casings on the tip of the funnel and drop the fat strips down the funnel. Pour the blood paste down into the casing or use a laddle. Twist the sausage to make links or tie off the links with a string.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Cool in cold water, dry and refrigerate.
- To serve, fry in butter or barbecue.