White Daikon Radish
|daikon||1 kg||2.2 lb|
|salt 2.5%||25 g||4 tsp|
|scallions||5 stalks||5 stalks|
|garlic||5 cloves||5 cloves|
|fresh ginger, peeled and diced||1 slice||1 slice|
|ground hot pepper||1 tsp|
- Rinse daikon off to get rid of dirt but don't scrub the outside or peel the skin. There are microorganisms living on the outside of the beets that will start the fermentation process.
- Slice radishes into thin strips or dice finely. Cut scallions into rounds. Mince garlic.
- Mix all ingredients with salt.
- Pack. Place a weight on top.
- Ferment, preferably around 68° F (20° C), for 7 days.
NOTE After 3 days radishes taste great and may be packed and refrigerated.