Sweet Cherry Jam
Sweet cherries are best made with added pectin and lemon juice as they contain very little natural pectin.
- 1-1/3 cups cherries
- 1-1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ pint (8 oz) glass jars
- Remove stems and pits, smash or cut cherries into smaller pieces.
- Combine cherries and lemon juice, stir in Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin. Add ¼ tsp butter or margarine to prevent foaming (optional). Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring mixture to a full boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and skim foam, if any.
- Fill jam into glass jars and process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.
- Remove jars and let stand for 12 hours.