Lithuanian Smoked Goose
Cold smoked goose or duck are delicious products that have always been popular in East-Northern Europe.
|goose breast, boneless and skinless||1000 g||2.20 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||45 g||2½ Tbs.|
|Cure #1||5.0 g||1 tsp.|
|pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|coriander||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|cloves||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|bay leaf, crushed||1 leaf||1 leaf|
- Mix salt, Cure#1 and all ingredients together. Rub the mix into breasts.
- Place breasts in a container, sprinkle with any remaining mix and place a weight on top. Place container for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
- Overhaul breasts every 2 days.
- Remove breasts from the container and wipe off dry. Place in a stockinette bag and hang in a cool ventilated area for 12 hours.
- Cold smoke for 7 days.
- The product can be stored for a few months in a dark, cool and lightly ventilated place.