Shrimp A La King
Shrimp a la King.
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Patty shells, toast cups, or toast
- Cut large shrimp in half.
- Cook mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pimiento and shrimp; heat.
- Serve in patty shells, toast cups, or on toast.