- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (1 pound 4 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut scallops into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add seasonings and vegetables to boiling water.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves; add butter and scallops.
- Combine flour and water to make a thin paste and stir into soup.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and scallops are cooked.
- Stir occasionally.