- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- Butter or margarine
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Grind scallops.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine milk, egg and butter.
- Add gradually to the dry ingredients; stir only until batter is smooth.
- Add scallops.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot greased griddle or frying pan.
- Fry slowly until the surface is covered with bubbles, turn and fry until the bottom is well browned.
- Serve with butter.
Serves 6. Makes 24 small pancakes.