Scallop Canapes With Bacon
Scallop canapés with bacon.
- 1/2 pound cooked scallops
- 16 slices bacon
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced cheese
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
- Save bacon drippings.
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Place a slice of cheese and two slices of bacon on each piece of bread.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place scallops on top of bacon.
- Brush with bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a greased boiler pan about 3-inches from source of heat.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown.
Makes 32 canapés.