Broiled Scallops With Wine Sauce
Broiled scallops with wine sauce.
- 1-1/2 pounds scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1 cup scallop liquid and water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Toast points
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Combine onion, sherry, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Marinate scallops in sauce for 30 minutes.
- Drain; reserving sauce.
- Place a single layer of scallops on a greased broiler pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Broil about 3-inches from source of heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn carefully.
- Baste other side with remaining sauce and butter and broil 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Remove scallops to a warm platter.
- Remove liquid from broiler pan.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a thin paste.
- Add gradually to hot scallop liquid and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve over scallops.
- Garnish with toast points.