Oyster Stuffing for Chicken
Oyster stuffing for chicken.
- 1 pint oysters
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups day old bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain oysters, saving liquor and chop.
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Combine oysters, cooked vegetables, bread cubes, seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- If stuffing seems dry, moisten with oyster liquor.
Makes enough for a 4 pound chicken.