- 3/4 pound cooked lobster meat
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- Toast or crackers
- Cut lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt cheese in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth.
- Combine seasonings and egg.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into egg; add to remaining sauce and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add lobster meat; heat.
- Serve on toast or crackers.