- 2 live lobsters (1 pound each)
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Melted butter
- Plunge lobsters headfirst into boiling salted water.
- Cover and return to boiling point.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place lobster on its back.
- With a sharp knife cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the stomach, which is just back of the head and the intestinal vein, which runs from the stomach to the tip of the tail.
- Do not discard the green liver and coral roe; they are delicious.
- Crack claws.
- Serve with butter.