Avocados Stuffed With Crab Meat
Avocados stuffed with crab meat make an original and classy looking dish. The avocado seeds are removed, the centers are filled with crab mixtures and baked.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Melt butter; blend in flour.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings, pimiento, olives and crab meat.
- Cut avocados in half; remove seeds.
- Fill centers with crab mixture; sprinkle cheese over top of each avocado.
- Place in a well greased baking pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.