Hot Crab Sandwiches
Hot crab sandwiches.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices white bread
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Combine pickle, onion, celery, mayonnaise, seasonings and crab meat.
- Combine egg, milk and salt.
- Dip one side of each slice of bread in egg mixture.
- Place bread in a heavy frying pan which contains about 1/8 inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat until brown on one side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Spread plain side of 6 slices of bread with crab mixture; cover with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Place on a well greased cooky sheet, 15-1/2 x 12 inches.
- Heat in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through.