Clam Loaf with Egg Sauce
Clam loaf with egg sauce.
- 1 pint clams
- 3 tablespoons chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 3/4 cup clam liquor and milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Drain clams and save liquor. Chop.
- Fry bacon until lightly brown; add onion and cook until tender.
- Combine with cubes and clams.
- Place in a well greased loaf pan, 9-1/2 x 5-1/4 x 2-3/4 inches.
- Combine liquor, egg and seasonings; pour over loaf.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unmold and serve with an egg sauce.