Clam and Corn Chowder
Clam chowder is mass produced canned product available in most stores. This clam chowder recipe is made with potatoes, corn, chopped bacon and is cooked in a skillet.
- 1 pint clams
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup clam liquor and water
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or other fat
- 1/3 cup cracker crumbs
- Drain clams and save liquor. Chop.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
- Cook onion in fat until tender.
- Add liquor, potatoes, seasonings and clams.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, milk and butter; heat.
- Stir in crumbs.
- Garnish with bacon sprinkled over the top.